Final Project: Progress and Update

This week Jocelyn and I have made a lot of progress on our final project, which aims to map the evolution of Carleton’s science departments since the college’s inception in 1867. We have finished collecting the data needed for our timeline and text analysis projects, and plan to transfer this data into KnightLab and Voyant Tools in the next couple days.

Personally, I have worked on setting up the webpage to host our final project, looking through old academic catalogs to gather data, and converting 7 catalogs to raw text files so that I can analyze the frequency of specific words in each.

For a more complete update on our project, see our post on the class website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *